when lithium reacts with fluorine, lithium fluoride, LiF is formed. It is made up of a positive and negative ion
a) explain how the positive lithium ions formed from lithium atoms
b) explain how the negative fluoride ions formed fluorine atoms
c) explain how the ions are held together and relate this to the chemical formula for lithium fluoride
Using the Online Library or the Internet, research on the causes of coronary artery disease.
On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- State the chemical composition of the sterol that is present in high levels in most people who belong to the high-risk group.
- Distinguish between the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ forms of this sterol.
- List four different foods that are sources of the bad form.
- Explain the function of the good form of this sterol in the body.
The managing director of a well-known company on Wall Street thrives on a diet of fruit jam, bread, pasta, and coffee. She exercises intermittently. One day she decides to go to her primary healthcare provider for a routine checkup. The healthcare provider recommends that she take the Benedict’s test. Assume that the glucose levels of the patient are high.
Based on your understanding about this scenario, respond to the following:
- State the results that the test would indicate (specify the color of the solution).
- State the composition and the properties of the ketohexose derived from fruit jam.
- Describe the manner in which ketohexose acts as a reducing sugar in the test.
Bowen Family Systems Theory provides a detailed set of concepts that are commonly assessed through family interviews, often in conjunction with the creation of a genogram. For this assignment, write a case analysis of your own family of origin using a Bowen approach. Leave out or disguise information you do not wish to share. Use the following outline for your analysis:
1. Create a genogram of your family of origin, using the correct format.Â PleaseÂ use paper and pencil to draw your genogram. After you finish, scan the image and upload it as part of your submission for this assignment. Please be mindful that your drawing needs to be professional and clear so your instructor can read and understand your submission.
You are also welcome butÂ not requiredÂ to use one or more of these resources to assist in the creation of your genogram:
Depict at least three generations (more if you wish to) including you, your parents, and your grandparents (as well as aunts, uncles and cousins as applicable to complete the assignment). Include information on cultural factors such as race, ethnicity, religion, and social class and demographic information such as age, geographic location of residence, jobs held, etc. You will also include information about the quality of relationships (including divorces, extra-marital affairs, etc.), any mental health or addiction issues, any applicable medical concerns or any other information you wish to include.
2. Based on this genogram, begin your paper by giving a brief overview of the major experiences and patterns of interaction for your family. How do diversity issues affect the family dynamics?
3.Â Write a description of your family in terms of the major concepts of the Bowen approach. This is not a family history but rather a description that emphasizes an analysis of relationships from a Bowenian perspective. Briefly define each concept and then provide an illustration of each concept from your family of origin.
- Differentiation of Self
- Nuclear Family Emotional System
- Family Projection Process
- Multigenerational Transmission Process
- Emotional Cutoff
- Sibling Position
- Societal Emotional Process
4. Provide at least two specific examples that illustrate that the Bowen Family Therapy is a systems-based approach to treatment.
5. Identify and briefly discuss a problem in the family using Bowen theory. This â€œproblemâ€ should involve you directly, it should be real, meaningful, not too big, and something that you are willing to share. Develop a specific intervention plan for this problem based on the Bowenian approach. Make this a very practical, small intervention. You may or may not choose to try it. In Bowenian terms, describe how you think it would affect the dynamics of your family if you did implement this intervention. Include a treatment plan based on information from the Gehart (2014) text.
Length: 5-7 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Upload your assignment and the genogram using the Upload Assignment button.
From the following scenario and discussion board question create a 3- to 5-slide presentation. You many use various sources, including your textbook or other scholarly material. You will be presenting this PowerPoint to the class by attaching it under this thread; you may need to add written explanation for the contents of your slides. It may be necessary to use the PowerPoint slide notes function to provide brief explanations. You will need to emphasize key points taken from this unit to fully discuss the question and how it relates to this unit.
A fire begins in the corner of the chair as the result of a cigarette that fell into the crack between the seat, cushioning and the back of the chair. The initial smoldering transitions to flaming, slow at first but growing. At about one minute, the flame is as high as the back of the chair, and wispy black smoke is rising toward the ceiling. Within a minute and a half, black smoke began to spread across the entire ceiling in a thick layer. The bottom of the layer is about four feet from the floor. Within two minutes in the upper layer, flames can barely be seen, but are spreading across the ceiling with little bursts of light from the flames. The air in the lower part of the room (away from the fire itself) is still relatively cool and clear. However, just after four minutes, the upper layer is now so hot that the radiant energy is intense enough to ignite other furniture in the room. Discuss what this phenomenon is in the PowerPoint presentation.