Behavioral Health Technological Trends
Technological advancements in the healthcare industry are usually associated with improvements in diagnostic machines such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT) scans.Â However, in behavioral health, one of the more important technological advancements is in the documentation and reporting systems used in the treatment of patients diagnosed with chronic mental illness.Â Other information technology advancements such as the use of the internet have also had significant impact on behavioral health services. Read the following article from the EBSCO host database:
- Ahr, P. (2005, January). Community mental health principles: A 40-year case study. Behavioral Health Management, 25(1), 15-17.
There are several topics mentioned in this article that have had or may have an impact on behavioral health services.
Choose an issue mentioned in this article and research at least two other articles (not more than two years old) that discuss these issues as they pertain to behavioral health services. Use the following questions as a guide when developing your essay on the issue:
- Explain in detail the issue as it pertains to healthcare in general and behavioral health services in specific.
- What was the impact on behavioral health services?
- What are some of the financial, privacy, or ethical issues that you perceived from this issue?
- Submit you synopsis in a two to three page Microsoft word document.
- Timed Roman 12, double space, no plagiarism