Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
This week you will write a paper researching and summarizing the “Healthcare Reimbursement/Financing” system for the organization you identified as being most interested in working as a healthcare administrator in Module 2 and answer the following questions:
- Research (i.e., Internet, personal interviews, current employer, etc.) and describe the way the healthcare organization you selected uses a patient diagnosis/system for billing/coding (i.e., financing).
- Research (i.e., Internet, personal interviews, current employer, etc.) and describe the way the healthcare organization you selected is reimbursed for the services provided to patients (i.e., financing).
- List 5 appropriate types of information (Quality Measures) you, as a healthcare administrator, would collect to measure and report quality/patient outcomes for the healthcare organization you selected.
Length: 500 words per essay prompt (1500 total for this assignment)
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly citations to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)