Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Prepare a Powerpoint presentation for a Board of Directors/Owners meeting designed to promote accreditation by the Joint Commission (i.e., this assumes the organization currently does not have Joint Commission accreditation). In the presentation make sure to include the following:
- Provide information on the general benefits of Joint Commission accreditation using 5-6 slides with detailed explanation in the speakers notes section (~50 words).
- Provide information on the general challenges/drawbacks of Joint Commission accreditation using 5-6 slides with detailed explanation in the speakers notes section (~50 words).
- Provide information on the specific benefits of Joint Commission accreditation for patients, employees/providers, third-party payers (insurance), and the organization using 4-5 slides with detailed explanation in the speakers notes section (~50 words).
- 14-17 PowerPoint Slides (not including title and reference pages) with detailed speaker’s notes (about 50 words per slide in a separate Word document)
- Title and reference page required
- These links help you format a proper presentation. View:
- At least 1 reference is required with appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
- save your presentation as a Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt or .pptx file type)
- save your speaker’s notes as a Word document (.docx or .rtf file type)
- File name:
- name your saved file according to your last name, first initial and the week (for example, “jonesb.week1”)
- submit your assignment to the Drop Box