Practicum – Journal Entry
As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to connect your didactic experience to your Practicum experience. By applying the concepts you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you better prepare yourself for your future professional career. Each week, you complete an assignment that prompts you to reflect on your Practicum experiences and relate them to the material presented in the classroom.
To prepare for this course’s Practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum journal:
· Explain what most excites and/or concerns you about pediatric clinical experiences. Include a description of your strengths and weaknesses in terms of working with children and how these strengths and weaknesses might impact your Practicum experience.
· Discuss your personal definition of family and family roles might impact the assessment of a child and his or her family. Then, explain how culture (both the culture of the provider and that of the child and his or her family) may further influence the assessment.
· Select and explain a nursing theory to guide your practice with pediatric patients.
· Based on your strengths, weaknesses, and theory of nursing practice, develop goals and objectives for the Practicum experience in this course. Be sure to consider the NAPNAP Position Statement on Age Parameters for Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Practice from this week’s Learning Resources.
· Create a timeline of Practicum activities based on your Practicum requirements.
· 2–3 page limit. Use title page and references according to APA.