Emergency Plan for the Older Adult
Locate the American Red Cross in your area: http://www.redcross.org/ or in person.
· Identify what is necessary for emergency supplies to have on hand for a healthy older adult. Consider visiting with an older family member or friend to identify specific needs for this older adult (reasonable for this person)
· Assist the older adult (OA) in creating their Personal Emergency Plan and contacts
· Describe what the OA was surprised to need or what they seemed to predict on their own
· Why is this important for OA singles or couples who live independently without services?
· Complete at least two slides for each bullet point with a total of 10 slides
Length: Minimum of 10 content slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, and reference slide in APA format. The title/objective/reference slides do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
- Bickley, L. (2017). Bates’ guide to physical examination and history-taking (12th ed.) Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN: 978-1469893419 Read chapter 20