Answer the following questions: 350 – 400 words each
1. Â Arrogance and ignorance may be called the twin causes of the American Revolution. Trace and discuss the ways in which the British lost their American colonies. Why were the British unable to retain the colonistsâ€™ loyalty in the period leading up to the Revolutionary War?
2. Â Explain and discuss what you might describe as radical elements in the Declaration of Independence. Do you believe the Revolution was radical or conservative, and why?
3. Â What issues led to the war between Britain and the United States in 1812? How did each issue contribute to the outbreak of war? Finally, why do some historians refer to the War of 1812 as the “second war for American Independence?” What events after the war give proof that this war for independence was successful?
4. Â Hamilton and Jefferson represented differing views of revolutionary ideas and ideology. Compare their views. Include a discussion of their influence today.
5. Â Trace the development of political parties in the U.S. from Washington’s to Jefferson’s election