|Police Unions are widespread within law enforcement agencies now. Not only are law enforcement officers provided with union protection but, they also have bargaining rights and employment contracts.
Consider the following prompts:
- Describe how the development of police unions has changed law enforcement.
- If so, how has law enforcement changed with the development of unions?
- If not, why has it not changed?
- What benefits and protections are officers afforded from police unions?
Prepare a typed document that follows APA guidelines that includes:
- A paper 200-300 words in length, double-spaced.
- You may use your text or the Internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources according to APA guidelines.
- Your response must be thought provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.