Focus of the Final Paper
Develop a 12- to14-page marketing plan (not including the title and reference pages, charts and/or graphs) for any product of your choice. Your marketing plan must:
- Analyze the specific marketplace situation in detail, including organizational strengths, weaknesses, environmental opportunities, and threats (SWOT analysis).
- Develop an organizational mission statement, and forecast performance goals using your situational analysis.
- Design a marketing strategy based upon your objectives.
- Create an appropriate integrated marketing mix, which will include your ability to effectively appeal to the specific market segments you will be targeting.
- Develop a written summary and specific recommendations for the implementation of your plan.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be 12 to 14 double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages, charts and/or graphs), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
1. It might be helpful to use sub-headers to identify each section to be certain that you have covered all of the required areas.
2. A marketing plan is an original document, and, therefore, there are not many references made (if at all). However, since this is an academic exercise, please include references to help validate your points. Also, be certain that all of your references are in the correct APA format. This refers to the fact that you need to have your references documented, not only in the text of your marketing plan but on your reference page as well. If you are not certain how to do this correctly please refer to past comments and announcements posted in the class. Also, at the bottom of our class there is a link for “Resources” and then another link for the “Writing Center”, which will also be able to guide you.
3. If your reference is a direct quote in which you have used quotation marks that wrap around the sentence, make certain that you include the page number in your reference. If your reference is from a website, then include the paragraph number.
4. If your reference is rephrased and not a direct quote, there is no need to include page numbers in the reference.
5. Make an effort to live by the “20% quotation rule”. Your paper should not exceed more than 20% in quotes. You can see this by adding the total number of words in your paper and then add the number of words that are in quotes and then divide by two. If you have more than 20% in quotes, too much!! Either reduce the number of quotations or paraphrase your quotes. I WOULD RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO COPY LARGE AMOUNTS OF QUOTES FROM OTHER SITES WORK AND PLACE SAID QUOTES IN YOUR PAPER AS IF YOU WROTE IT.
6. Follow the instructions from your Rubric for your final assignment very carefully, as I will use this as a guide when I grade your papers.
7. Please be aware of the fact that I submit all final papers through Turnitin. Most students adhere to the concept of turning in their own work. However, I have had situations where students used website marketing plans and claimed such to be their original work. Be aware- DON’T DO IT!!! I want to see your own work and not a replication of something that you “conveniently” found online. So please make every effort to submit your own work that is accurate and interesting.
8. Please submit the product that you have selected to write your marketing plan about to me via my faculty email address as soon as possible so that I may approve your selection. Once you have been approved, you will not be able to change your selection. You must also respond to DQ#2 for this week with this product. If you do not submit your product selection as part of DQ#2, and I do not approve of your selection, I will not accept your final marketing plan.
make sure you look ar the youtube video and make sure you use graphs as well. at least 5 scholars