deforestation vs population growth
For a major part of your grade, you are going to research and complete an environmental issues paper. This will help you build the skills necessary to develop an informed opinion and present that opinion in written form. This project will serve as a final assessment for the course by analyze a controversial environmental issue of your choosing. You must examine the pros, cons, compromises, and tradeoffs of the issue by gathering credible information from various sources and assess the scientific credibility of the information. You will then develop from this information a well thought out paper that will address the major players involved, relevant cited facts, and a clearly identified opinion.
The topic of the paper is deforestation vs population growth. Use a minimum of 6 sources. The final paper should be double-spaced, 12 point, and 7 to 8 pages in length with citations in APA format. Anytime you use the writings or ideas of others as though they were your own, you are plagiarizing (even if you paraphrase). All information and ideas that are not a part of general knowledge must be cited. When in doubt, cite!
Your final paper should address the following key points:
- The Controversy: Identify the controversy
- The Major Players: Who is involved? Why are they involved?
- Important Facts: State relevant facts concerning the issue. Try to separate fact from opinion. Try not to show your own bias. Properly use APA citations
- Side One: Arguments; state briefly and cite your sources
- Side Two: Arguments; state briefly and cite your sources
- Your Opinion and Rationale: I believe that…, We should…, I feel that… Use supporting arguments and rationale. What arguments would you use to present to those who disagree with you? Cite all of your sources.
- References: Alphabetize your sources. Make sure there are sources representing both sides of the issue.