Week 1 Assignment: Obtain and Analyze Sociological Demographic Data
Your school system depends on significant numbers of pre-school and kindergarten children for continued growth. Referring to U.S. Census Bureau data and/or any projected enrollment data maintained by your local school or school district, write a paper addressing the following questions:
- What are the current population characteristics of your community?
- What patterns can you discern in available demographic data over the past five to ten years (select and specify the time span based on availability of data) regarding the following?:
- Educational levels of your community members
- Income levels of your community members
- Household sizes and compositions in your community
- Age distributions of community members from birth to senior citizen status
- At least one additional category from the bulleted list you assembled for the Pre-Activity that you deem to be of importance. (Specific the category and why you deem it to be important.)
Guidelines for writing The Sociological Demographic Data Analysis Paper
- Include an APA-format cover page. Review APA Form & Style
- The paper will be 5-7 double-spaced pages in length, using 12-point Times New Roman font. The cover page and reference list are not included in this page count.
- You are not required to produce or replicate tables of data but send your instructor links to the data you have analyzed for this project if the information is available in electronic form and in public domain (ie, not password protected).
- Begin the paper with a section of “Trends and Current Conditions”, in which you
- describe any changes observed over the years in the seven bulleted characteristics and
- summarize the current population characteristics in the bulleted list above
- Conclude the paper with a section of “Discussion and Recommendations”. in which youInclude a minimum of one source citation, for the U.S, Census Bureau data
- reflect on whether or not you were surprised by any of the demographic data you found, being sure to mention if the trend data helped to explain any recent or past school or school board decisions that have puzzled you, and
- reflect on your ranking of items to be included in the sociological inventory that was completed in the pre-activity in terms of whether or not the rankings would change – and why – in consideration of what you have learned from census and/or projected enrollment trend data.
- Your inventory list and sociological data analysis should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy. Review NCU’s Academic Integrity Tutorial to refresh your knowledge of how to achieve academic integrity.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages.
References: minimum of 3 scholarly resources.